Friday, December 29, 2017

Odell Sunny Rain Golden Tart

Yeah, I'm going to drink this now when it's snowy and less than 10 degrees out.  Well, I didn't drink it in the summer, but I'm drinking it now. Clearing out the fridge to start fresh in 2018.

Odell Sunny Rain Golden Tart. 6% ABV. 35 IBU. Odell Brewing, Fort Collins, CO.

Lightly hazy, bright golden appearance, slim white head.

In the nose: funky, fruity, tart. A little bit wild.

In the mouth: tart. Lip-Smacking', almost puckering. Light bodied, easy drinker, solid sour finish. Session sour, for sure. It's wild and funky and terrifically simple, almost blasé. If you just need the funk and none of the complexity, here you go.

Although I'm sure it's out of season.

New Year's Resolution: in 2018, I'll drink my beers faster.

Common to the high elevations of the Rocky Mountains, Sunny Rain is the unexpected shower from a cloudless sky. In that juxtaposition, we found inspiration. For this limited release, we introduced bright hop aroma to balance a tart citrus-like character. It’s as unlikely as rain on a clear summer day and it makes for a surprising, yet very drinkable beer.

No comments: