Thursday, December 21, 2017

Modist Ritual Night Mexican Dark Chocolate Stout

Modist Ritual Night Mexican Dark Chocolate Stout, 6.3% all./vol. Modist Brewing, Minneapolis, Minnesota. 

Dark darkness, utter richness, under a thick and lasting cocoa-tinged head. Looking terrific. Just right on. 

In the nose: Cinnamon first, and spice, with peppers climbing on board. Thick, dense malt, deep and rich. A lot of liveliness swirling in this stout. 

In the mouth: More of that and then some. Cinnamon and spice dominate over the massive malt. A lot of peppery heat in this one, but not too much. I can handle it. Some chocolate, some coffee, but the peppers reign supreme. It's a good beer, but I won't go back to it too often because, eh, that's not my thing. I'm glad they made this, I'm glad I tried it, but, eh....not for me. 

Mexican Dark Chocolate stout brewed with velvety smooth dark chocolate and vanilla bean with a cinnamon and red chili smolder. 

No comments: