Friday, February 9, 2018

Bent Brewstillery Enuff India Pale Ale

I've written about the beers of Bent Brewstillery before, and I didn't always have the best impression. Some of their sour beers seem interesting, but I don't find myself taking them up to the register, due to the price tag. This leads to a lack of interest in the brand. Some cans fell into my possession recently, and I'll give them as fair a shake as I can. We've had one of the four already, and now here's, at last, number two:

Bent Brewstillery Snuff IPA. Alc. 6.5% by Vol. IBU: 65. Brewed and packaged by Bent Brewstillery, Roseville, MN.

Clear, bright amber color, beautiful ivory head.

In the nose: floral, lightly spicy, plenty of hop flavor, citrus, herbal. Nice stuff.

In the mouth: Starts off with a nice bitter hop blast, citrus and pine, while malt sweetness starts to pour in. Generous malt mouthfeel, persistent bitterness. Lightly fruity, and flat-out tasty. Good ol' drinking' English-style IPA, just the way I like it. Hey, this one's not bad. I'll drink it. You can, too.





A classic London-style, export-strength IPA loaded with specialty malt and buckets of hops, notes of tangerine, grapefruit marmalade, and green tea finishing crisp and thoroughly hoptastic. Too much? Just Enuff !

No comments: