Saturday, February 17, 2018

Wild Mind Artisan Ales Northern Bloom

Wild Mind Northern Bloom Pale Ale. 5.8% ABV. 45 IBU. Wild Mind Artisan Ales, Minneapolis, MN.

There's a little trick in reviewing some beers from Wild Mind, these days. Some of the names have changed since their early, unoriginal monikers. Have I had Northern Bloom before? Doesn't show up in the blog. So, I check Untappd. It says I've had it twice, and the first time, I had a picture of it, from August of 2016. That beer was called Wild Pale Ale. But that one was 6.5%  ABV. And 40 IBU, different from this crowler I'm about to open. So, I'm going to re-review as if it's a new beer. Because it probably is. Here we go.

Hazy, dull orange, slim white head, soon gone.

In the nose: light bitterness. small citrus. a whiff of the wild.

In the mouth: more hops, more bitterness, increasing spice. Citrus flavors returns on the palate. Medium bodied, robust mouthfeel, tasty, tasty, tasty. Definitely delicious. I like this one. Good beer and I can drink it.

Postal script: This is the 500th post tagged "Minneapolis". I noticed that this number was being reached when the tag "Minnesota" was around 986. What if Minneapolis hit 500 at the same time as Minnesota hit 1000? How could this happen, do I just stop posting Minneapolis reviews, in favor of Minnesota ones? (Keep in mind, of course, that a Minneapolis tag is also a Minnesota one.)
Too hard. I already had reviews lined up, I didn't want to wait too long to post them, just for this. How many Minnesota/not Minneapolis beers did I have in the fridge waiting for review? Some St. Paul, some Roseville....a Mankato. It wasn't enough. And too many Minneapolis I just had to get to.

Another tactic: go through the reviews and see if there are any where the tags were forgotten. A time-consuming effort that yielded few results. And when I found that place where I'd omitted both "Minneapolis" and "Minnesota", that didn't get me any further along in this mission, for the one number grew along with the other. Before I knew it Minneapolis was at 499, Minnesota at 991, and I didn't have the heart to search for eight more missing Minnesota tags. I'd have to throw in the towel.

Do I go out and get more non-Mpls./MN beers, review those, save the ones I'm sitting one, put off the ones in wait? That's far too complicated for something so silly. You never know, I might have to delete a post or something, then it wouldn't be the 500th anymore. And maybe that's not worth all the worry. Or, is it?

See, that's what the inside of my brain looks like. And if you've read this far, you're proven that you're one of those people who wants to get a peek.


No comments: