Sunday, February 11, 2018

Milk & Honey Fauna

Milk & Honey Fauna. 7.3% ABV. Milk & Honey Ciders, St. Joseph, MN.

Clear, bright yellow, slim head, soon gone.

In the nose: Aburst with apple. I would embarrass myself if I guess which ones. It's an "elite group" according to the label. Whichever, it's pretty darned apple-y. Tannin-y, Dry, slightly bitter, not a touch sweet.

In the mouth: Tart, to start. Sharp and tasty. Lean and clean. Likable, to be sure. Again, I must reiterate that I know very little about cider, and seldom drink it. This is impressive. It's charming my socks off. Quite a lot to like in this one. I do believe a beer will, once more, be my next beverage, and probably something hoppy, but I would not turn one of these down if offered.

Within Fauna you will find and an elite group of apples capable of truly great cider. Tannic apples for depth and body. Sharps for bright fruity-vinous character. Interesting heirlooms for aromatics. Every year the apples may change depending upon the whims of the orchard, but they will always impress. Let the apples shine.

No comments: