Thursday, February 15, 2018

Flat Earth Loyalty & Honor Chocolate Mint Porter

Flat Earth Loyalty & Honor Chocolate Mint Porter. 6% ABV. 45 IBU.

Two thoughts are springing to mind: One, who decided to change the name of Flat Earth Brewing Company to "St. Paul's Flat Earth Brewing Company", and why. Was it meant to differentiate it from another FEBC? Or, to make sure no one forgets they're in St. Paul? And ....it's weird, is all. Never seen it anywhere else.
There's no "Fort Collins's Odell Brewing" or "London's Fuller Beer", or ...something like that.

Two: I'm obsessed with my collections. It's why I collect them. And I use my beer related items in the photos here. After my last post, about another Flat Earth beer, I saw the picture and thought, "dang, why didn't I use my Flat Earth coasters!" I corrected that oversight for this one, and after I this picture I thought, "dang, why didn't I pull out my Flat Earth pint glass?" My head is full of stuff like this.

Now, I'll shut up and tell you about the beer.

Solid blackness, slim brown head, looking good.

In the nose: Mint hits first. Chocolate just behind.  Nice.

In the mouth: Sweet, minty, cocoa, rich malt, smooth. Not bad at all. Everything is in proper order here. Plenty of the appropriate flavors, but not too much.

I like this.

No comments: