Saturday, February 24, 2018

Venn German Pale Ale

Venn Brewing German Pale Ale. Batch #17. 5% ABV. 27 IBU. Venn Brewing Company, Minneapolis, MN.

Last Sunday, I made my first visit to Venn Brewing in about 5 weeks, mostly due to my efforts to re-visit other breweries I've been neglecting. I really wanted to try the Breakfast Stout that was on after my last visit, but, alas, it was gone, but more new beers replaced it. And what else was new? Crowlers! Cool! Almost every style was available, pre-filled.
So, I got my first crowler there, along with a growler fill, but it's great to know that I don't have to remember to bring one along.

Clear, golden hued, slight, soon-gone head of ivory foam.

In the nose: floral, hoppy, nice and noble. Lightly spicy, and lovely.

In the nose: Cool, clean, calm, and smooth. Light malt flavor, nicely balanced hop bitterness.

In the mouth: More clean, more lean, more hoppy and fruity. Some citrus, a little apple. Maybe melon. Bright, beautiful, and very tasty. Medium bodied. I said tasty already, right?

I like this one aplenty, and admire the creativity going on here. Gonna have to be more regular about checking out their wares.

On the menus, Venn works in the same method as Pryes, Indeed, and others: 3 short words or phrases to give you the message about the beer. Luckily, I found a little more information to go with it.

Mandarin Oranges, orange marmalade, pear. Fruit-forward German pale ale, featuring a new hop: Mandarina Bavaria. 

Malts: German Pilsner, German Pale Wheat, German Crystal 10

Hops: Mandarina Bavaria, Warrior

Yeast: German Kolsch

No comments: