Monday, February 26, 2018

Bent Brewstillery Nordic Blonde Amber Blonde Ale

Bent Brewstillery Nordic Blonde Amber Blonde Ale.  5.7% ABV. 27 IBU. Bent Brewstillery, Roseville, MN.

Before we begin: I was going to drink a different Bent Brewstillery beer, but as I went seeking out information on it, I kept seeing various opinions on this one. These were expressed on the internet in the form of photographs of the beer being poured down the drain. I never "drain pour". I drink every beer I pour, straight down my throat. Mostly. If it's very awful, I may mix it with something. Will that happen this time? Let's find out...

Clear, amber hue, slimmish ivory head.

In the nose: light malt, minimal hops, some cereal, some...I don't know what. Eh. Not sure what's up.

In the mouth: huh. um. yeah. Nothing exciting or even pleasing is happening here. It's light-bodied and mostly...amiable? Non-threatening? Not altogether repulsive? Dry, clean, malty, but has no charm or personality. Drinkable, but not especially enjoyable. I don't drink Blonde Ales, but I do appreciate their appeal and this has none of them. What's an "amber blonde"? Has anyone asked for that? Does anyone want it? It's a hybrid without a home.

Okay. Alright. Not bad, but not really very good. It brought little pleasure, and yet, I persisted. Drank it all down, but didn't enjoy it much.

This is a clean, crisp, delicately balanced beer with subdued sweetness and a pleasantly refreshing tang in the finish. Because of the low hop bitterness and dry, light body, this beer is easily mistaken for a lager or light beer. These qualities make it a great summertime beverage. This beer is brewed using our local pure water without any additives.

This beer was our very first recipe. It was our introduction into craft beer. We brewed what we wanted to drink, and this quickly became a favorite among our friends and family who weren’t ready for the more brutal styles on the Bent Brewstillery beer menu. We make this beer our own by using richer Munich malts to give it a more complex and deeper flavor. This beer is best when fresh.

No comments: