Saturday, February 10, 2018

Fair State Mirror Universe Interphasic Rift DDH Hazy Double IPA

Fair State Mirror Universe Interphasic Rift DDH Hazy IPA IPA. 8.3% ABV. Fair State Co-op, Minneapolis, MN.

I think Star Trek is okay, you guys. I'm not anti-Star Trek. But,the fact is that it's terribly low on Wookies, and hasn't even one Yoda. So, I'm really not that into the Star Trek, though I'll always applaud an obscure Sci-Fi reference. (Is it obscure if it's Star Trek, though?) Reminds me, I need to get back there and try their new collaboration with Forager, Obscure Reference.

Thoroughly hazed, bright orange color, slim whitish head.

In the nose: Passionfruit, guava, mango,  all the tropical goodies, ...oh, wait, here's a twist of pineapple, don't forget that. Citrus lurks just below.

In the mouth: Bitter and smooth, all at once. Hop flavor comes crashing in, with alcohol looped in it's elbows. Minor bitterness, major smooth. Gotta say that I've never had a hazy double IPA. Or have I? Not sure. I miss the bitterness. It's what makes a good IPA, if you ask me. Aside from that, there are zero things wrong with this. Damn good hazy double IPA and you know what you can do. You can drink it. If you find it, drink it.

A DDH Double IPA brewed with oats, Citra lupulin powder, and Strata hops.

No comments: