Saturday, December 29, 2018

Blake's Hard Cider Flannel Mouth

Blake's Hard Cider Flannel Mouth. 6.5 % ABV. Blake's Hard Cider Company. Blake's Hard Cider, Armada, MI.

It's almost the end of 2018. One of my promises early in the year was to clear out my Dedicated Beer Fridge, reviewing every can and bottle. The beverages that have remained have mostly been ciders, and I've been drinking them out of a sense of duty, rather than any desire to drink a cider.

I count the number of cans, bottles, growlers and crowlers awaiting review, I divide it by the number of days left in the year, and I think, "yeah, I can do three reviews a night, every night." And then I come to my senses.

Blonde ales also stay too long in the fridge, as well as lagers and fruity beers. But, a promise is a promise, so let's get to drinking.

Clear, light green-is yellow, still.

In the nose: Green apple. Lightly tart.

In the mouth: Crisp, fruity, refreshing, light on the palate. Just a little on the sweet side, and quite delicious. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this one.

Although I have no clue why it's called "flannel mouth." Weird name, that.

Blake's Flannel Mouth is made with a wide array of late season table and dessert apples. This combination gives it a sweet flavor than finishes incredibly smoothly. Made 100% with Michigan-grown apples.

No comments: