Sunday, December 30, 2018

North Lake Honey Brown Lager

North Lake Honey Brown Lager. "North Lake Brewing." "North Lake, Where You Want to Be."

5 % ABV.

This post is proof once again that I'm living up to my promise that all beers that fall into my hands will be given an equal and fair review. I don't have a great deal of info on this beer except that it's contract-brewed for a distributor in Ramsey, Minnesota, by a brewery in Wisconsin.

 I think.

Which one? I forgot. (It's Minhas.) (And, actually, in Tennessee, too, now that I read the website.)
Short story: they needed a local beer to sell, so they created one. I think.

 Let's just go ahead and drink the thing, and make my fridge a little lighter.

Clear, auburn-hued, slim, off-white head.

In the nose: Soft and malty, slightly sweet. Cereal notes, and, yeah, honey.

In the mouth: Light body. Slightly flavored. Bland taste. Moderate sweetness. Malty. Gets better as we go. Flat flavors seem to fill out a bit.

Not bad. Adequate beer and you can drink it. If you want something light and just a little flavorful that goes down easy, sure, go for it. Doesn't totally suck.

Perfect for those cool nights around the campfire
Medium-bodied lager with a touch of honey
4.8% ABV





No comments: