Sunday, December 9, 2018

Ska Brewing MoSka Mule Ale with Ginger & Lime

Ska Brewing Moska Mule Ale with Ginger & Lime. 6 % ABV, 7 IBU. Ska Brewing, Durango, CO.

Clear, bright golden, slim white head.

In the nose: Lime starts it off. Quite limey. Then, ginger comes on board. Nice. Now, we have it.

In the mouth: Boom! There it is. Powerful stuff. Tart and spicy. Ginger and lime doing the trick. Light bodied, easy drinker...if you like those flavors. This would be a one and done, for me. One of those gimmick brews that I can't imagine having more than one of, lacking in hops, malt, and other beer-y flavors that I demand from my ales.

To tell the truth, I'm not sure if I can finish this one. I'll try, though, I will most certainly try.

Update: I couldn't do it. Tossed some juice in there, just to give it something.

Brewed to celebrate our 23rd Anniversary! Based on the traditional Moscow Mule cocktail, this refreshing ale is lightly soured yet finishes clean with delicate notes of ginger. Lime peel & citrusy hops balance the light tartness while delivering great hop flavor without bitterness.

No comments: