Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Unmapped No Trace IPA

Unmapped No Trace IPA. 6.4 % ABV. 67 IBU. Unmapped Brewing, Minnetonka, MN.

I made my first and only visit to Unmapped in Minnetonka back in September of last year. "Only" because I do not drive a car and rely on my friends to take me to to places like Minnetonka. If I lived closer, you can bet I'd have logged a few more visits. On this one, I had a flight, a pint (of this IPA I'm reviewing), and a growler. The other day, I had the opportunity to taste a few more, and bring some crowlers home for review. I decided to start with No Trace IPA.

Clear, bright golden/amber hue, lush ivory head above, long-lasting, lace leaving.

In the nose: soft, citric, floral, orange and lemon, and utterly delightful.

In the mouth: Burst of citrus and pine, and all is juicy and good.
Bright, juicy, fruity, beautiful. Bitterness stays in play throughout. Medium bodied, and exquisitely drinkable. Quite tasty. Mmm, delicious.

Definitely an IPA I'd turn to again and again.

No Trace is a flavorful, hop-forward IPA.

We let the hops shine in this one- floral, pine, and tropical fruit notes abound. Tied together with a supporting cast of light caramel malts, this beer is a go-to for any season.

No comments: