Thursday, December 6, 2018

Mikkeller Raspberry Blush

Mikkeller Raspberry Blush. Berliner Style Weisse Beer Brewed with Raspberries & Coffee. 4 % ABV. Mikkeller Brewing, San Diego, CA.

Bright red, opaque, slim pinkish head.

In then nose: Tart and fruity. Very raspberry. Complexities about, but nothing too deep.

In the mouth: Big tart, big fruit, and then the coffee comes in and weirds it up. What's it there for? Fruity, sour, and...coffee? It turns it dry, and adds...something, but...huh.

I don't often say this, but ... I can't imagine why this was brewed, and I'm curious how other people like it. Do they? If you just want the sour, and don't mind the coffee, I guess, but it just gets in the way, and doesn't really contribute anything. Except a sense of ... I don't know. If you just want the raspberry, the coffee really messes with the flavors.

I'm confused. I'll pass on this one from here on out.

No comments: