Monday, December 3, 2018

Summit Dark Infusion Coffee Milk Stout

I have a confession to make. I received samples of this many weeks ago, but I gave one away to a friend, and I drank one without taking notes thinking that I'd written about it when it was an Unchained Series beer, so why do it again? Why? Why not? It's a new name, it's a new label, it's a new can, it's all new, even if it's the same beer. Seems like it is. Read my notes here.

So I asked my Summit man to get me more so that I can post about it again, and that's what I'm doing now, okay? Everyone cool with that?

Summit Dark Infusion Coffee Milk Stout. Our smoothest, boldest brew, back by popular demand. 8.5 % ABV, 40 IBU. Summit Brewing, St. Paul, MN.

Solid blackness, utter darkness, terrifically opaque, with a creamy brown head on top, leaving lace.

In the nose: Cream. Cola. Nuts aplenty. Toffee, coffee, malty goodness. A little toasty-toasty, and oh, my goodness, such a lot of nice-ness. Delightful.

In the mouth: Such sweetness, much malt, with abundant roast. Plentiful coffee, and massive malt, mixed with cream and such substantial smooth. Many layer of deliciousness. No fooling. Treats upon treats. Delish, upon delish. I would turn to this again and again.

A rich, full-bodied imperial milk stout with sweet, roasted notes from six different specialty malts, Dark Infusion features kettle additions of lactose for additional sweetness and body. Balanced by Pilgrim and Fuggle hops from the U.K., Dark Infusion is made even bolder and more complex with the infusion of smooth, cold-brewed coffee. Complemented by coffee rather than overpowered, traces of caramel, graham cracker and dark chocolate round out this highly anticipated and limited beer.

No comments: