Sunday, December 16, 2018

Eastlake Dank Aaron Double IPA

Eastlake Dank Aaron Double IPA. 9.1 % ABV, 100 IBU. Eastlake Brewing, Minneapolis, MN.

It dawns on me that I've written about this beer before, but that was from notes taken at the bar, not from a bottle, or growler, or crowler.  And now, I have a crowler before me, and so I shall take some notes. Because.

Clear, bright golden hue, slim head.

In the nose: Citrus, splashes of tropical fruit, touches of stone. Nice and hoppy.

In the mouth: Big fruit, big bitterness. Nice and gritty, good and abrasive, just the way I like it. And then along comes the alcohol, boozy as all heck. Stone fruit, citrus, and that touch of the tropical. Nice, nice.

I have to note a failing in this report, however, and that is the illustration to the left. I wanted to use Eastlake glassware, but I only have one, and that is one custom made for their imperial stout, Tshthagguowhatever. I like the design for the beer, but feel that the shape of the glass is wrong for an RIS, and even wronger still for a DIPA. I should have gone with a round snifter style. I hope that you, dear reader, will forgive me.

Dank Aaron is a Double IPA that hits all the right stats - 100 IBU, 9% ABV, 755 HR – you get the idea. Stickier than pine tar from copious amounts of a rotation of our brewers’ favorite hops, Dank Aaron rounds the bases of flavor and aroma – citrus, pine, earthy, and resin. This is a beer that can hit it anywhere, any time, just make sure you can get home safely.

No comments: