Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Barrel Theory Cryptocurrency Double IPA w/ Citra and Strata


This is not a new beer. (Though there is a new version available now.)

I bought it at my last visit to the brewery in November. Drank it and took notes in December. And then I forgot about it.

No, that's not true. I thought about it every day. Just as it's always true when I tell Mom that I meant to call her every day. I just put it off. But, why?

Was I doing it again? Saving a beer review for when I write the brewery/taproom review, which takes much more time, so I put that off? Even though I promised not to do that anymore?

So, I'll post this review, and then I'll tackle the brewery & taproom. Or do I need to go back one more time? Why, I've been there four or five times already, that's plenty. But, I am overdue for another visit. And there's the new DDH version of this very beer that everyone's raving about. Got to give that a try. There's an angle for my brewery report.

And then, the thought occurs to me that there are people who visit Barrel Theory each and every day, who probably never once give any concern to how they will write about that visit in their beer blog. Huh.
I wonder what that's like?

Barrel Theory Cryptocurrency Double IPA w/ Citra and Strata. 8 % ABV. Barrel Theory Brewing, St. Paul, MN.


Hazy (naturally), dull golden color, beautiful ivory head. Looks the part of the hazy  double IPA.

In the nose: Citrus/tropical notes. A little floral. Quite pretty. Instantly likable.

In the mouth: Nice drop of hops on the palate. Good amount of yeast in the mouthfeel. Smooth and tasty. Calm, cool mouthfeel. Good drinking double IPA, but could use more bitterness to really be in my wheelhouse. Big, bold citrus attack. I'm liking this.

No comments: