Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Fair State Strata Single Hop DDH Hazy IPA

Fair State Brewing Cooperative Strata Single Hop DDH Hazy IPA. 6.2 % ABV. 25 IBU. Fair State Brewing Cooperative, Mpls./St. Paul, MN.

All hazed up. Dull orange. Full ivory head. Looks good for the style.

In the nose: We've got citrus notes, hop presence, all clouded up with yeast.

In the mouth: Cloudy, cloudy, yeasty, yeasty. Citrus and pine, and murk and dry, dry, dry. Not enough hop bitterness for this old school IPA lover and not enough. ...sigh. I'm not enjoying the things that make this beer succeed as what it's trying to be. I don't get what that is.

I can drink it, though. It is a good beer. I just don't get it.

Trying harder: It is juicy. And that's nice. Slightly sweet, tropical-y toned, and just a touch of the bitter. Ending dry.

Everyone's excited by these, but not me. What's wrong with me?


No comments: