Saturday, March 2, 2019

Dave's BrewFarm I Like Your Six

Dave's BrewFarm I Like Your Six. 5.1 % ABV. Bottled on February 15, 2019. Dave's BrewFarm, Wilson, WI. Style: your guess = mine.

Clear, dark red coloring, reddish-brown? nearly Burgundy? with an ample cream-toned head, swiftly drifting down.

In the nose: Sweet-ish, sugar-like, malty. Minor hops. Rye malt pops up. Molasses?

In the mouth: Starts sweet-like and malty-ish, but end on a very dry note. Fruity hop notes at play with spicy rye malt flavors. It's a beautiful congress. Medium bodied, easy drinking. Pumpernickel overtakes the taste in this one, a very rye bread-y affair, all in all, and I can't help liking it. Again, if I'd have to stick it into any style, I'd be forced to call it an APA, or maybe a rye pale ale, or something of a such. And I'm digging it big time.

I was lucky, this last visit to the BrewFarm, that not only were there several new BrewFarm beers that I hadn't tasted yet, but two new ones available in growlers form, that I can add to the Nib. And now they are done. I hope it is not another six months until I return to the farm. More goodness awaits!

A base of Pils, with a hefty dose of Rye and Extra Special malts, Norther Brewer and Azacca hops, fermented with a Belgian yeast strain. Very sixy!

No comments: