Friday, March 11, 2011

Moylan's Hopsickle Imperial IPA



One of my favorite Double IPAs, one that pushes bitterness to the edge. Not for everyone, but I certainly recommend it to the hoppiest of hop-heads. Have it on tap now, always love having it on tap. Great to watch people's reactions to the piney-citric hop attack. Here were my notes on first tasting, from a bottle, December 2005:

"Lovely auburn hue, thoroughly hazed, with a sturdy, creamy head, ...nice looking IPA.

Nose is a blistering blitz of hops, big, fat pine resin, slick, dripping citrus, grapefruit and mango, with orange and lemon and lime...rollicking in a pine forest with a cornucopia of fruit rolling through the leaves and the needles...yum...me likey...just the thing for me.

Fresh, and flush with flavor. Huge taste, floods the mouth, and stretches this hophead's lips into a mega-smile, yes, it does. Ample malt carries the thick delicious and bitter hop attack happily along the palate and delivers the drinker into bliss. Yum, again...

Big body, thick texture, long, hoppy, bitter, fruity finish. Non-stop hop attack.

Exactly what you want from a Double IPA. Tomahawk, Cascade and Centennial. 9.2% abv. Dang, this is a great brew from a class act outfit. I would suck this up aplenty if I had easy access to it. You lucky West Coasterers! Damn you to Hell!"

Well, now I can get it easily, so I un-damn them.



Reviewed on: 12-30-2005 10:14:00

No comments: