Saturday, March 19, 2011

Lion Imperial Lager



Readers of this blog who have completed more than a few entries will note that I don't like every beer under the sun. No matter who else likes or how much they praise it. Not even if it's a gift. A 6-pack of cans of this one came my way, and I couldn't refuse. That wouldn't be polite, would it? Here's what I wrote when I first took notes, March, 2009:

"
Mostly clear, faint haze,yellow, with little head.

Simple aromatics, grainy, light malt, minor fruit...and the onset of alcohol.

Slilght fruitiness,mixed with cereal husk gives this some kind of flavor, but none that really does anything. It's far from clean and easy-drinking, and soon the alcoholrears in, enters the skull, knocks on the door before throwing it wide open. Here come that 8.8% boogeyman. We're in Sri Lankan malt liquor country now...
Gets fruitier ,tastier later in...hey, I could go for another...but,should I?
not really..."

I've finished 2 cans already, and while they are beers and are in my possession, I think I'll listen to what I said two years ago, and pass on the other four. Drain, here they come.

No comments: