Monday, March 28, 2011

The View From Behind the Casks, Part Four



I saw some people last night, and the question was, "you survived Firkin Fest, eh?" Well, naturally, I'm here, aren't I?
And the other question, which was asked throughout the fest, and every fest, everywhere, "what's your favorite?" Hard to say, I liked almost everything. And once again, I regretted the beers I never tried, although I tried as much as I could. Standouts, that I can remember: Flying Dog Raging Bitch, dry-hopped with Amarillo, New Belgium Fat Tire Super Cru (with pears!) and Abbey Grand Cru, Summit Winter Ale, with Brett, Dark Horse So In Oats, & Double Crooked Tree,
Surly Abrasive Ale Tea Bagged and Oak Aged, Tyranena Barrel Aged Down and Dirty Chocolate OAtmeal Stout, Rush River Uber Alt & Double Bubble Dry Hopped, and everything TallGrass brought along. Psych Oasis, Oasis Ale with Candy Cap mushrooms (?!?), The A Team, Oasis with Amarillo and Apricots, plus Buffalo Sex, Buffalo sweat stout, with chocolate and cherries. One of these should have won. But the real winner was a worthy choice, no pun intended. War and Peace, from Fulton. Cheers, gentlemen! It's a wonderful brew!

No comments: