Sunday, March 27, 2011

Radeberger Pilsner


Although this German bier just entered the U.S, market, here I am with a bottle brought back from Deutschland. Because, why not?
Radeberger Pilsner "Seit 1872" lot of German on here. I understand about 3 % of it. 4,8% Alc. Vol., that I get. "Zutaten: Wasser, Gerstenmalz, Hopfenextrakt, Hopfen."

Let's drink 'er already.
Ultra-clear, pale yellow, if even that. Nice, fluffy, bone white head.

Aroma: clean, lean, light ceral/grain flavor, minor hops.

Taste: light, water-y, just a mere layer of malt. Hops are speaking up a little more, giving a trim, tidy blitz of hop bitterness. The more we empty the bottle, the more mighty the mouthfeel, the higher the hop flavor. Very friendly beer, this, a most impressive pilsner.

Although I haven't been turned into a pilsner lover, I can understand why this is considered tops in it's field.

No comments: