Saturday, March 5, 2011

Town Hall Honey V


All the hubbub at Town Hall last week was over Czar Jack, a mighty fine barrel-aged imperial stout, and the culmination of Barrel Aged Week. But, I, alas had none. No worries, for I've had enough and will have more in the future. As mentioned earlier, I took one growler home that week, and it was this:

Honey V, Town Hall Brewery, Triple Vision Belgian Abbey Tripel-style ale, aged in honey wine barrels.

Cloudy, dusky deep amber-y colored, very minor head, gone if it was ever there.

Sweetness and oak, honey and spice, enormous aromatics. Not any ordinary triple aroma, this is honey taking over, emboldened by the booze.

Taste: huh. weird. interesting. unusual. hard to nail. gonna try anyway. oak. grit, woody texture on the tongue. So strange, this bears little resemblance to what I had at the pub last Tuesday. It's just been sitting in my fridge for a week. Could it have changed that much, or do I not remember correctly?

A bit of citrus and spice, a kiss of hops, but the oak and the honey are firmly in charge. Mmmm, this is very nice, if incredibly unusual. Incredibly complex and deep, and sweet, and oaky, and yum.

I like this. I feel it is good.

No comments: