Sunday, November 10, 2013

Grand Teton Sweetgrass Pale Ale (APA)


Grand Teton Sweetgrass American Pale Ale. OG 15.0 deg. Plato, Alc. 6.0% by Vol. Bottle-conditioned Beer, IBUs 60, 8.4 Lov. Bottled on 9/3/13. Brewed and bottled by Grand Teton Brewing Company, Victor, Idaho. Government gobbledygook, and none other.

Slightly hazy, bronze-colored, with a lasting, snowy-white head on top.

Aroma: bright, citrus-y hops are well-matched by malt. The hop presence grows, opens, widens with time. Not too bold, not too shy, just right.

Taste: Mild on the palate, for a minute. Then comes a snap, a little hoppy bounce, landing right on a bed of sweet, smooth, tasty malt body. On the first sip, I was on the fence. Several more in, it's brighter and juicier, and I'm liking it more and more. The bottle conditioning really helps this one out, blowing the flavor up big.  I can taste the yeast, and I'm loving it.

Excellent ale, thank you, I'll have another.

No comments: