Saturday, November 9, 2013

Michelob Golden Draft Light

I am so behind with the products of Anheuser-Busch. But, you know what? I haven't reviewed that many beers by this great brewing concern, because, really, you know what? They suck. We all know it.

I've done four of theirs so far here, Natural Ice, Budweiser, Bud Light, and Bud Light Platinum. What have I written about already, yet not included here? Spring Heat Spiced Wheat, which is now known as  "Shock Top", I do believe. Michelob Winter's Bourbon Cask Ale and Michelob Celebrate Vanilla Oak...when will I see those again? Okay, O'Doul's Amber, we can get to that...and, Michelob Ultra Fruit Lime Cactus??? Did I drink that? Whoa! Would I ever wish to again???

The only one left, that I have easy access to, and have already written about is Michelob Golden Draft Light, which I am drinking now from a bottle, but which I first took notes on, for some reason, from a plastic cup, on tap, in a VFW lodge at a family wedding, which seems to happen a lot, lately. As I suffer through this damned thing, look at these notes on that terrible cup, from June of 2005:


There we are at the Buffalo, MN American Foreign Legion Lodge for my niece's wedding reception, and the common misconception is that the only beer that is provided gratis is this, the most popular beer in Minnesota, and the only thing on tap. The tap handle said "Michelob Golden Light", no "Draft", which made me wonder if it was another beer...nope, just more confusion.
Pale yellow, in the plastic cup, with a slim head.
No aroma.
All water, all the time....a glint of beery flavor appears, then blinks away in an instant..this is definitely for people who don't care what they put in their mouths, and haven't a clue, nor care, how much better beer can be...
...anyone who thinks they're drinking beer when they drink this?...I just pray for them...
...just picture the clamor when we realized the whole bar was free, and there was no need to stick to this swill!

It's just bad. And I feel bad for anyone who chooses it. Why drink this, ever? Come on, people!



No comments: