Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Blake's Hard Cider Grizzly Pear

I don't mind if you skip this post. "What do I care about ciders?" you're asking, of course. Well, I'm saying it, too, but I have to try them out at least. Other people like ciders, so it's my job to at least know something about them. And I have them in my fridge, and I need to drink them. Why not post about it? It would not hurt me at all if you don't read this. I promise. Especially since, if you're not reading this, well, you're not reading this.

So. Blake's Hard Cider of Michigan, and their Grizzly Pear, "made with pears, not bears." Infused with elderflower. 5% ABV.

Clear, bright golden coloring, no head, active carbonation.

In the nose: Sweet at first, apple-y, then dry. There was some pear in there, too. Crisp, lean, refreshing, delightful. I'm getting the pear a bit more, now. But none of the grizzly. And the elderflower? None sure where that comes in.

This is quite nice. I certainly wouldn't turn one down.

Our first pear hard cider, Grizzly melds soft notes of pear & prickly pear cactus balanced with a sharp apple finish with a hint of elderflower. No bears were harmed in the making of this product.

No comments: