Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Milk & Honey Heirloom Cider 2015 Harvest

Milk & Honey Heirloom Cider Harvest 2015.
6.9% Alc./Vol. Ingredients: apples, yeast, sugar.
Don't shame me! This is not a dirty glass, but floating
particulates. Not sure why. 

Clear, pale golden, crapload of floats....did I wait too long on this? I only got this sample a few months ago. Surely it should hold up that long. I received two bottles, had the first fairly soon after receiving it, don't recall this amount of particulate. No head, because, cider.

In the nose: apples. Very apple-y. Granny Smith? No, Golden Delicious. I don't know. Actually, certainly not, as the label tells us. 10 different varieties. Sharp, acidic, nice.

(Reading the website later, I see that we are encouraged to use a bulbed glass for greater aromatics, and I went with a silly ol' Willi Becher. And pulled out a fancy one for a local kettle sour afterward. Shame on me.)

In the mouth: Sharp, twangy, even tangy, tart, crisp, and yeah, delicious. That's some nice cider, there. If I were drinking some cider, I'd like it to be this. Ends on a dry note, while remaining fruity and tasty. Good ol' cider.



2015 was a ‘garden year’ for our apple orchards. The 2015 Heirloom best exemplifies the growing season with tropical fruit aromas and a big mouthfeel. The usual Heirloom suspects, including Newtown Pippin, Winesap, and Chestnut, were blended with some new characters including Dabinett, Northern Spy and Wickson.

No comments: