Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Oliphant LadyPugs Pale Ale

I hadn't been to Oliphant in over two months, something that grieved me deeply, dearly. I keep track of their new beers through facebook posts, yearning to taste all the new ones, plotting and planning and cajoling and conniving for friends to help me with return trips, and came up empty.

Because of this, I can't offer up the chalkboard illustration of this beer. It had long ago left the taps, but I was able to get a crowler of this one, Ladypugs. And I can't find the chalkboard illustration among anyone else's pictures on Untappd. I should look further. It might be on the Facebook for Oliphant, or in the Google reviews, or Yelp, even. Someone has to have them, someone, somewhere. There must be a record, a catalog of all the chalkboard illustrations of Jeremy Hughes. That coffee table book must be coming soon, right. It must.

Ladypugs pale ale, with Chinook and Cascade hops, 4% ABV. Oliphant Brewing, Somerset, WI.

Very clouded, highly pale ale, nice 1/2" of ivory froth atop.

In the nose: floral, honey-ish, citric, fruity, lovely.

In the mouth: citrus-y deliciousness. Lean body, long hoppy finish. A perfectly easy-drinking, simple, citrus-y, hoppy-enough pale ale. Good beer and you can drink it. No fuss, no muss. Nothing wrong with it. You need to have regular ol' beers like this. Pale ales rule, y'all. Screw "session IPAs", bring on the pale ale, all the time. Delicious, delightful.

No comments: