Friday, January 12, 2018

Oliphant Xuul Doppelbock Lager

Oliphant Xuul Doppelbock Lager.

It's another one of those. An Oliphant beer they've been making for years, and I can't believe I've never taken one home in growler/crowler form. According to Untappd, I've never even tried it. Never? Ever? Doppelbock is a style I enjoy, so I can't imagine not choosing this one, in favor of so many others. Could it just be that it was never there when I was? Some evidence will arise to prove to the contrary, perhaps. It still boggles the mind. Maybe I sampled Jason's, just for instance, and went forward with a Gobias or a Gaer Bear, or Ancient Bone Saber of Whomakalukulus, or whatever.

Wait. I know. I was there with my crap phone with no internet/data/whatever and couldn't check into untappd. Or just didn't want to. I must have at least tasted it once before. Not doing so makes no sense!

Enough. The time has come to drink!

Xuul Doppelbock. 8% Alc./Vol.

Clear, rich, caramel brown, slim white head.

In the nose: sweet and malty, nicely balanced, low bitterness. Nothing but nice.

In the mouth: Sweet and smooth. Sleek and supple. Big caramel malt. Tasty as heck. Clean and lovely. Personally, I like it. It is, and I know this hasn't caught on yet but I still keep trying, ....yum-a-dum-dum!

For a long time I thought that Xuul referred
to the demon from "Ghostbusters." No,
that's Zuul. I don't know what Xuul is, or
who these characters are. 


 two stoopid dogs flashes quickly on the screen. it's been over 10 years since syndication. the room flashes green. invasion; it has begun

No comments: