Saturday, January 20, 2018

Minneapolis Breweries Day by Day #12: Fulton

#12. It's Wednesday, January 10. Maybe you're wondering what happened to Monday or Tuesday, if you're paying attention to this thing. Simple. It became very clear that circumstances would not allow me to do a different brewery visit every single day. Circumstances such as time, money, and my health and well being. Monday mornings, for instance, I often get struck with insomnia and when my shift at work is done, I want to go home and nap. Boring, right, but I have to take care of myself. If I didn't, I'd be falling asleep in my beer at the bar, and no one wants that. And Tuesday? Hey, why can't I just take a break? I'll make up for it some other time.

And so it's Wednesday, and I have only time for a quick one, somewhere near the bus line, and today's choice is Fulton. Off the bus, on the train, off at Target Field, down to street level and a short skip over to 414 N. 6th Avenue and ....I was a little confused at first. There it is ...but where's the door. Ah, there it is, obscured by an outer entrance to keep the cold air out. There's got to be a name for the thing. And once the entrance is discovered, in I go, and up to the bar, read the chalkboard to find that for the first time in this project, there are no beers that are new to me. War and Peace, Patience barleywine, 300, Pils, MPLS Mild, Lonely Blonde, had 'em, had 'em, had 'em. Worthy Adversary, Standard lager, Sweet Child of Vine, Tanager brett IPA, HopStar, had 'em all, too. I've written them all up, too, if only sometimes in places like this, where I delivered notes on Tanager. And that's what I felt like having this time around.

It was just as good as I remembered it, tangy, tart, Brett-y, tasty, and every bit an IPA. I was glad to make it's acquaintance once more. Once is all I had time for, too, as it was time to get back on the train and head to work.

Someone always stares at me in these pictures. Hey, guy,
or gal, it ain't about you! Get over yourself!
And as I realize that I'm publishing this ten days late, it's time to retract the parameters of the project. Most of the remaining breweries are farther away from where I live, over that river in far-flung NorthEast Minneapolis, and take more time to get to. It's harder to make that voyage, have time to drink the beers, take the notes, and negotiate the way back on the days that I work. So, I'm going to relieve the pressure that I've put on my self, and not insist that this is done by January 31. I'll try, but I may not make it. But, I'll have tried, and that's still pretty good. At least, at the end, whether accomplished at January's end, or the middle of February, I will be able to say that I have written about all of Minneapolis' breweries to date, and that there are no longer any that I haven't seen in over a year.

Then, to take care of St. Paul! Then, to close the gap on Minnesota. Just watch me.

No comments: