Sunday, January 21, 2018

Inbound Wild Rice Porter

On one of my recent trips to Inbound Brewing Company, aka BrewCo, I purchased a bottle of Wild Rice Porter, and saved the notes I took on it to match it with the report that I wanted to write about the brewery in general. I've since changed my mind and decided that I had enough notes on other beer for that. I could post this review on it's own, and so I searched for the photos I must have taken of the bottle and the glass, and then do the curved corners thing, and then the fuzzy borders that is my trademark, my chili powder in the crystal a la Captain Cook. (Breaking Bad fans get it.)

And then I couldn't find them. Anywhere! Not in any of the folders I keep my various pics in, not in iPhoto. Where did they go? Did I delete them all? It was only a few months ago!

These things happen. No need to get all busted up about it. So, I look into my Untappd account and found a pic I took of the Wild Rice Porter from on tap about a year ago, January 15, 2017. It'll have to do for now until I find that pic of the bottle, if it ever happens.

And I realize that I could have skipped all of the above and not very many people would have cared. If you would have cared, let me know. Write a comment. I could add some voices to the voices already in my head.

(If you wouldn't have cared, feel free to not leave a comment. Some voices I don't need.)

Inbound Wild Rice Porter. Bottle # 112/750. Inbound BrewCo., Minneapolis, MN.

Solid blackness, Small brown head.

In the nose: Malty, slightly sweet. Earthy, little bit of roast.

In the mouth: Malt sweetness takes command from the start. Some roast, a touch of toast. And all is smooth. Tasty and highly consumable. Nicely balanced. Slightly nuanced. This is a good porter, and you know what? You can drink it.

I don't know if I'd pay $15 for a bomber again, though. Good as it is, not quite worth that.

No comments: