Friday, January 12, 2018

Minneapolis Breweries Day by Day #10: Modist & Mango Milkshake IPA

#10. Modist Brewing Company. North Loop / Downtown Minneapolis. A few blocks from the light rail. I gave myself enough time to get one or two and hop back on and get to work on time. I picked Modist because they had released a new beer. The last time I wrote about a beer of this "style", I said the following: I will not agonize over this stuff any longer. The next time I encounter a "milkshake IPA", I'll either skip it or keep my mouth shut.

And now I go back on my word. I sat at the bar and asked my friendly server for the Mango Milkshake IPA, and inquired about crowlers. Nope, they sold out of all 250 of them in 25 minutes. Of course. Then, beer in my possession, I took these notes: "lightly bitter, creamy, & fruity at once. Sweet 'n' smooth, too. Every now and then, you remember it's a beer. And then you wish it were more of one."

Yep. I still don't like 'em. I can drink them, but only as long as I forget that I don't like them. I had time for a second and had a Deviation 009, which I wrote about here. This is more my style. This is beer-y beer, not smoothie beer.

Back to the light-rail, and away I went. Ten down, twenty-two to go.

No comments: