Sunday, May 27, 2018

Inbound NoLo Pale Ale

Inbound NoLo Pale Ale.
Named for their neighborhood, the NOrth LOop. (I would've called it NorLoo, but I'm not in charge of these things, am I?)
 4.6% ABV, 45 IBU, Inbound BrewCo, Minneapolis, MN.

This is a new name for a beer that it appears that I've had 3 times before, according to Untappd. A few times at the taproom, once from a sample at home. This is my first time from a can. That sample was a bottle, and was probably labeled "American Pale Ale." I like this design, the Minneapolis skyline, etc. Well, enough palaver, let's dig in.

(Side Note: Should a pale ale be served in a tulip? No, but I don't have an Inbound pint glass, and I don't want to use an old Lucid glass instead, which I've done before. Maybe some day I'll have an Inbound pint glass....until then, this one will have to do.)

Lightly hazy, copper-y colored, slim white head on top.

In the nose: Nice citrus-y hop flavors up front, grapefruit, orange, with a bit of earthy, herbal character in there, as well. Tantalizing.

In the mouth: Quite tasty on the tongue. Hop bitterness spanks the palate right off. Crisp and refreshing. Hop bitterness continues to lay on the palate, ending nice and dry. More citrus and tropical fruit flavors play upon the sense. I'm digging this. A fine sessioner, for sure. If you're hankering for a good ol', hoppy pale ale, go for this one.

Tropical hop flavors. Packed with Eureka, Citra, and Mosaic hops. Copper color sets the tone for an easily enjoyable liquid.
The best neighborhood nickname in the midwest, and the most sessionable Pale Ale you've ever had. 

A brief reminder: I don't read the brewer's description before I post it here, and can't be held responsible for those times when what they say and what I say seem to be matched up precisely. Almost. I did not make a claim for NOLO being such a cool name, if you recall from above.

Also, when did people start swapping out the word "liquid" for "beer"? I didn't sign off on this, and it's really starting to bug me. Stop me before I go on a rant.Yours truly, Grumpy Old Man.

No comments: