Monday, May 7, 2018

Sisyphus Scoopshot IPA

Sisyphus Scoopshot India Pale Ale. 7% ABV. 60 IBU. Sisyphus Brewing, Minneapolis, MN.

I said I'd stop drinking milkshake IPAs. Maybe this one from Sisyphus is different from the others.? Maybe I'll like this one.

Hazy, golden-hued, lush ivory head above, looking good.

In the nose: Bright hoppy flavors, pine, tropical tones, yet soft, smooth. Creamy, fruity, mmm.

In the mouth: A burst of tropical notes on the palate, pineapple-y, fruity, creamy, delightful, yum. There's plenty of hop flavor, but practically no bitterness. Juicy. Sweet. And along comes the vanilla. Medium-boded, easy drinking. Uh, huh.

Okay, so I don't hate it. But, I won't return to it, unless there's nothing else around. I need that old time IPA. The bitter, hoppy ones. I love those. Those are the good ones.

Our take on the milkshake IPA except we skipped the lactose (you are welcome, our lactose intolerant friends.) But this thing still tastes like it has a scoop of ice cream in it, with a healthy dose of pineapple and vanilla, to complement the fruity hops and yeast. Look for this one to be a new regular occurrence on our menu

Regular? Sigh. Alright. Whatever.

No comments: