Friday, May 25, 2018

Oliphant IFeelcream Blackberry

First Confession: I am an Oliphant Junkie. I need to add all of their beers to this blog. One by One, as best as I can, I'll do it. So this beer has to be reviewed. (Addendum: I'll never do it, there's plenty I 've missed and will never, ever see. But I'm not going to pack up and move to Somerset, just to continue this obsession to it's fruition.)

Second Confesson: is not a confession. I've said it over and over, I'm not into the milkshake beers, the lactose fruit beers, other variations on this. But, see #1.

Also, I tried it on tap at the brewery last week, and I liked it. So, here we go:

Also, I was drawn in my this parody of Frog & Todd, with these new characters Morg (Matt, I presume), and Joash (Josh, of course), and damn, it's wonderfully weird.

Oliphant IFeelCream, Blackberry, Fruit Ale, 8% all./vol. Brewed by Oliphant Brewing, Somerset, WI.

Mildly hazy, very blackerry-y appearance, slim creamy/pinkish head.

In the nose: sweet, tart, fruity, berry-ish, lovely.

In the mouth: more fruit, more juice, more tart. Hardly any hops, lactose adds some creaminess, but not too much. I'm not encountering a beer smoothie, this time. There's enough bitterness here, and enough beer-y beerness, that I like it.

I like it quite a lot. All blackberry lactose ales should be this good.


ifeelcream
back from the depths of giant trevor's tiny black brew book: this beer. 

ale brewed with lactose and snuggled atop blackberries. 8% abv


No comments: