Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Oliphant Red Hulk Lager

Oliphant Red Hulk Lager. 5.5% ABV. Oliphant Brewing, Somerset, WI. 1 quart/32 oz crowler.

Clear, dark reddish hue. Slimmed-down off-whitish head.

In the nose: Good and malty, sorta sweet, brightly burnished. Quite nice.

In the mouth: Starts off slightly sweet and fruity, but, moreover, majorly malty. Light bodied, fully flavored. Tasty stuff, and easy drinking.

This one is a beer that has brewed for quite some time at Oliphant, and I think that this crowler is my first time trying it. No, it's not. According to Untappd, I tried it out in August of 2015. But I never chose to bring it home in a crowler/growler until now, because I just don't prefer lagers, even red ones.

And when it comes to Hulks? I go with the Green ones.

red hulk

don't get so angry. be like me and hide in a closet and break popsicle sticks when life has got you down.

red lager. 5.5% abv


If only Jeremy were there on my visit, I could have pestered
him with questions about this chalk drawing. It doesn't
really resemble the gamma-irradiated form of General
Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross. It looks more like Dan Hedaya
with a sunburn. Or Harvey Pekar, maybe.

No comments: