Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Town Hall Broken Paddle ESB

So, I was at the Town Hall Brewery the other day, looking at what was available in growlers. Have I done Broken Paddle ESB yet? Nothing turned up, but there was a beer merely called ESB back in September of 2011. Also in that month of that year I checked in on Broken Paddle in Untappd. There is no ESB in Untappd, only Broken Paddle ESB. Did they just forget to use that name at the brewery, that one time, causing me to believe it was a new brew?

So, here's what I'm going to do. I will resurrect my original notes from October, 2003. And I'm going to drink a mini-growler here in May, 2018. And I'll leave that 2011 post alone. Sounds good? Here we go....

Broken Paddle ESB, Minneapolis Town Hall Brewery, Minneapolis, MN. 6% ABV.

Tawny bronze hue, with a neat, cream-toned, fuzzy head.

Aroma: fresh, clean, but softly fruity. Bread-y malt.

Lively on the tongue, brisk and fairly buzzing with hops, much more active than many an ESB I've ever encountered.

Bright, fruity flavor, and copper-toned on the palate. Crisp finsih, that lasts pleasantly in the mouth and the memory. Mostly malt, nicely bread-y. Light body, but surprisingly full-flavored. Leans back on the palate, thius ale, and makes itself comfortable, leaving it's stamp everywhere it goes...very nice ale, indeed.


No comments: