Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Ballast Point Moscow Mule Ale

Ballast Point Moscow Mule Ale. Ale with ginger and lime added. Ballast Point Brewing Company, San Diego, CA.  10.2% ABV.

Clear, amber-ish hue, slim, soon-gone head.

In the nose: Hey, there's ginger in there. And along comes the lime, as advertised. And nothing else.

In the mouth: Big, fierce, large and in charge ginger flavor. Once again, lime comes next, in full force. Light bodied. Lean, clean and powerful. Crisp and refreshing. But, where's the vodka? And, while we're at it, where's the beer?

This is not for me. Gimmick beer. Too much lime, too much ginger, not enough beer. No, thank you. I don't even think it's very good. I hate saying that, but sometimes you have to.

But, I didn't drain-pour. I always finish, whether I want to or not.

Ginger, lime, refreshing; all the good things you’d expect from the cocktail of the same name. We started with a light, sour base beer and then loaded it up with tons of fresh ginger and lime zest. All that is missing is the copper cup.

No comments: