Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Broken Clock Brewing Cooperative Minute Man New England IPA

Broken Clock Brewing Cooperative Minute Man New England IPA. 6.8% ABV. 45 IBU. Minneapolis, MN. Canned on 4/18. Purchased: 4/30. Consumed: last night.

Another one of those New England hazy IPAs everyone's so into now, eh? Well, okay, I guess, if I have to....

And it's the first Broken Clock beer I've bought in a store. Why is that significant? I didn't know they were selling in stores. Good for them.

Highly hazy, golden hue, big white head.

In the nose: ah, lovely! Pure hoppiness. Piney, resinous, citrusy. Right on.

In the mouth: vanilla, cream, pineapple. Leafy green. Nice, low-laying bitterness on the palate. And juicy. Did I forget to mention juicy? All the things, the juice, the fruit, the haze and the soft. Ending dry and just a little bitter.

I like this. It's pretty danged good.

Maybe I'm turning the corner on this "Hazy, juicy, NE"-IPA stuff. Maybe. Anything's possible.

A hazy, juicy IPA with the aroma of a hopped up IPA, but without the harsh bite. Loaded with hops with citrus and tropical fruit flavors.

No comments: