Sunday, April 11, 2021

Junkyard O.G. Kushions New England Style IPA

Junkyard O.G. Kushions New England Style IPA.

7 % ABV, Junkyard Brewing, Moorhead, MN. 

Once more, I have broken my anti-hazy ban, because it is Junkyard. This will happen. I usually end up liking all of their IPAs. Trends may continue, may they not?

Hazy as they get, bright yellow hue, slim white head. 

In the nose: Soft citrus. Orange, grapefruit, lemon aplenty. But all played out low-key. 

In the mouth: Just a little juicy, but also very much dry. More citrus, a touch of pine, and a trace of the tropical. Medium bodied, fuzzy on the palate, moderate bitterness, exceptionally smooth and delightful. 

This is in the New England Style that I don't like. Not enough bitterness, a weak imitation of an IPA. But it succeeds at what it's supposed to be, that's for sure. I will finish this, and be happy with it, but it still is a far cry from what really trips my trigger. My fault, I guess. I knew what I was opening, after all. 

Packed to the brim with Citra, Bru-1, Summit, Mosaic, and Eureka, this brew boasts flavors of melon, tropical notes, and is followed by a dank resinous finish. The nose lends sweet aromas of white peach, orange zest, and hints of herbs.




No comments: