Sunday, April 25, 2021

Drumconrath Brewing Company Fluff Diver Fruited Blonde Ale

Drumconrath Brewing Company Fluff Diver Fruited Blonde Ale.

5.4 % ABV, 12 IBU. DCR Brewing, Fargo, ND. 


I am breaking my boycott against marshmallow beers, and it is for one reason only: this was given to me. It found it's way into my possession, I did not reject it, it was filed into my fridge, therefore it must be reviewed and entered into Ye Olde Nib. This is the way. Here we go: 

Thick and turbid. Slim white head. Orange juice orange. 

In the nose: Sweet and fruity, in that order. Citrus and ...fluff? Am I smelling the fluff?

In the mouth: Okay, now I can definitely taste the marshmallow. Orange, tart, citric, sweet, fluffy. No hops, malt is hidden. Carbonated fruity fluff. Definitely not made with me in mind. 

I'm going to finish this because that's what I do. And I'm sure some of you would like it. But I can't in good conscience recommend it. It isn't bad, but....I am a real beer drinker. I drink real beers. That is that. 

Fruit and marshmallows go together like best buds. We brewed up this fluffy guy with Rahr 2-row, and a pile of oats, then added heaps of marshmallow fluff and over 400lb of orange puree and some Madagascar vanilla just for good measure. What came out was a big, soft, fluffy beer that's perfect for dessert. Move over, fruit salad!

No comments: