Monday, April 5, 2021

Arbeiter Orange Ya Hazy Hazy Pale Ale

Arbeiter Orange Ya Hazy Hazy Pale Ale.


4.7 % ABV. "Contains Wheat" Arbeiter Brewing, Minneapolis, MN. 

I may have mentioned this already, but I am attempting to boycott the hazies on here, in order to avoid complaining about them. There will be exceptions to this, and times when I can't resist, when it's something I have to check out. Or, those inevitable examples when they trick you, and don't tell you on the label that the insides hold a hazy. 

This is a beer that I could have purchased at the retail store where I work, but that it sold out so quickly. It was the one beer I chose to take home after my visit to the brewery last week. And why am I lifting my hazy ban for this? It just seemed like the option that I was most likely to enjoy. Now, let's find out if that's true...

Fully clouded, absolutely obscured, with a large, proud, ivory head, and an apricottish hue. 

In the nose: Nicely hopped, citrus and some tropical notes. 

In the mouth: Smooth and hoppy. Light bitterness blitzes the palate. Medium bodied, easy drinking, exceptionally sessional. Notes of grapefruit, orange, pine. Tasty pale ale. Not amazing, just plain ol' good. 

(But I'd like it better without the haze. I'm old fashioned, what can I say?)

Here's where I'd share info from the brewery to shed additional light on this beer, but I can't anything about it on the website. Alas. No marketing speak this time. 

1 comment:

Garth Alexander said...

Thank you for including us in your blog! We are perfectly happy with "Plain Ol Good" maybe more so than "amazing"!

You can find our description of Orange Ya Hazy here: https://arbeiterbrewing.com/beer/

For the hazy haters, or for those just sick of seeing the term 'hazy', consider the beer a wheat ale. Now we can have the best of both worlds!