Friday, April 9, 2021

Stacked Deck Leisure Force Double IPA

Stacked Deck Leisure Force Double IPA.


8 % ABV, Stacked Deck Brewing, St. Paul, MN. 

I don't know what the next eight months hold for us, but I've already declared this to be the beer label of the year. Way to go, Brent Schoonover! And then, this week they released Caged Rage, with this host of Nicolas Cages. This one is still the best. Cats make everything better.I especially like that there are two different fat cats in Two different Batman costumes. Enough of that. Let's drink the beer. 

And it's hazed (of course, can't not be), dull golden color, slight white head. 

In the nose: Bright and fresh with notes of orange, pineapple, grapefruit, mango. Citrus and tropical tones holding hands here. Quite delightful. 

In the mouth: Starts out both sweet and citric. All the hops happily at play on the palate. And all the yeasty fuzzies are swimming in the mouth. Just enough bitterness to keep me satisfied. Medium bodied and majorly murky. 

You know what I hate most about the hazies? The dregs. I guess I'm supposed to leave them in the can, but I can't help myself. Yes, they're kind of gross. 

It goes without saying that I'd like this double IPA a lot more without the haze. But, I did enjoy it enough. 

I'd like to see more come out of this brewery than just hazy IPAs and sours. That seems to be the secret to everyone's success these days, but come on, folks, break out of the mold a bit. 

Strata + Citra

...and that's all you need to know, I guess...

No comments: