Friday, April 16, 2021

Pantown Bluemound Road Mulberry Kettle Sour

Pantown Bluemound Road Mulberry Kettle Sour.

3.9 % ABV, Pantown Brewing, St. Cloud, MN. 


Here I am about to drink a mulberry sour beer, and I realize how little I know about mulberries. There's that bush that we all go around. There's a street that to think we saw it on, in a Dr. Seuss book you can't buy anymore. There are cities and handbags, plus a fruit that I've never eaten. I don't have any on hand to taste before this, so I'm going in blind. 

Clear, bright crimson color, nearly purple, slim head of indeterminate color above. 

In the nose: Very berry. Somewhere between strawberry and plum, with a little blue thrown in. 

In the mouth: Big pucker from the start, intense sour matched with fresh fruit. Moderate bitterness, medium bodied, easy drinking. Refreshing. Only a little does it feel overly sweet and/or unbalanced, just for a minute. 

Overall, I enjoyed it. 

Kettle Sour with Mulberries

No comments: