Saturday, April 10, 2021

Waldmann Brewery Pilsener Hoppy Golden Lager

Waldmann Brewery Pilsener Hoppy Golden Lager.

5.5 % ABV, Waldmann Brewery, St. Paul, MN. 

I had this beer once before, on the first day of September of 2019, on the occasion of my first visit to the brewery, with my pal, Ed. Right now, I am able to buy their crowlers at the retail store where I currently work. And there is quite a variety available right now, but I chose to tackle the Pilsner next because, well, sometimes having a pilsner is a good idea. And so it shall be. Let's drink it. 

Crystal clear, bright golden hue, pure ivory head, large and lasting. 

In the nose: Sweet malt, slight spice, a touch of hops. Highly likable.

In the mouth: Starts out sweet and malty, quickly matched by a slightly bitter hop presence. Clean and smooth, with a little extra malty sweetness hanging on. Notes of citrus and honey. Light bodied, easy drinking, and pretty much yum a dum dum. I'd drink this one any time. 

Bold, bitter and not at al what you might expect from a Pilsener. This deep golden beer benefits from seven hop additions for a heavenly flavor marked by nuanced notes of honey and wheatgreass. 


No comments: