Sunday, April 11, 2021

Pantown The Pollinator Honey Wheat

Pantown The Pollinator Honey Wheat.


5.2 % ABV, 18 IBU. Pantown Brewing, St. Cloud, MN.

Honey Wheat is not the type of beer I choose for myself. But, I did not choose this beer for myself. It was given to me, thus it became  my possession, therefore I must drink it and review it. This is the way. 

Clear, bright amber color, slim white head. 

In the nose: Honey sweetness hits first, malt, that's about it. 

In the mouth: Fruity flavor jumps the palate from the start...is there any fruit? No, it's all from the honey and the malt. Minor hops and bitterness. Touch of caramel. Medium bodied, easy drinking. 

It's a bit too sweet for me. I'm getting all honey and little wheat. Probably ideal for a lot of other folks, and good for them. I'll glad to finish the crowler, then move on to something more my style. Plainly put: I don't like it. 

We all know bees are super important, they make honey, and are amazing pollinators. We have brewed our honey wheat with honey malts, Woodruff, and locally sourced honey from Pantown Bee Co. Notes of honey on the nose to match the golden hue of the pour, gentle sweetness balanced with the bready backbone will make this your new summer favorite. Raise a glass and get your "buzz" on!

No comments: