Thursday, April 8, 2021

Evil Twin Most Men Pursue IPA With Such Breathless Haste That They Hurry Drinking It Double Dry Hopped India Pale Ale

Evil Twin Most Men Pursue IPA With Such Breathless Haste That They Hurry Drinking It Double Dry Hopped India Pale Ale. 

7% ABV. Brewed and Packaged by Evil Twin Brewing, North Haven, CT. 


Someone told me today that it is National Beer Day. Well, here at the Bitter Nib, we celebrate beer every day. Sometimes, five or six times a day.To commemorate this occasion, I will drink an Evil Twin beer. Make that an Evil Twin IPA. No, even better, it should be an IPA named for a paraphrase of a quote by Danish philosopher Søren Kierkegaard. (Substitute "IPA" with "pleasure." Though, to me, they are one and the same. Sometimes.)

It's all hazy-like, and milky yellow. Utterly opaque, with a stable layer of ivory froth atop. 

I have violated my ban on the hazies in order to review this beer with a funny name. Although, there is nothing on the label to tell me that this is a hazy. Also, I broke another boycott with this $18 4-pack. (I try to skip anything over $16.) I accomplished this when I was allowed to take it home free as a reward for putting in some hard time in the salt mines. On with the beer...

In the nose: Semi-sweet meets citrus, with a whole lot of fuzz. Orange and grapefruit with a touch of pineapple. 

In the mouth: Blast of bitterness up front, followed by citrus and tropical fruit notes riding the palate. Hoppy bitterness hangs hard on the palate, a factor that I am enjoying. Plenty of yeasty fuzz in the texture. Medium bodied. Fairly drinkable, despite that I keep wishing it was cleaner and clearer. It's a good hazy and you can drink it. 

Tasty hazy, with an unrelenting hoppy, bitter attack. So, I like it. 

No comments: