Friday, April 30, 2021

Starry Eyed XX Cream Ale

Starry Eyed XX Cream Ale.


6.8 % ABV, 17 IBU. Starry Eyed Brewing, Little Falls, MN. 

Clear, pale golden color, slim white head. 

In the nose: Mostly malty, little hops, slightly corny, clean. Bit o' sweetness.

In the mouth:  More malty, some grainy, and all smooth. Light bodied, slight corn husk flavor that I'm not sure is completely out of place for the style. It's not the freshest bottle, but that's all my fault. I left it in the back of the fridge and continually chose other beers before it. 

I drink cream ales so rarely, I can't recall if this should stand astride the best in the style. Gotta brush up on my cream ales. And so, I reread my reviews of other cream ales that I liked, and this one doesn't stray too far afield. It's a good cream ale and you can drink it, but maybe maltier than most. I don't mind that in the least. 

Sweetness remains, but doesn't overpower. Grainy/malty feel dominates, but persists pleasantly. Okay, I like this. But, I'd love to visit the taproom and drink it fresh. Someday, soon, I hope. 

No comments: