Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Surly Castles In The Sky Hazy IPA


Surly Castles In The Sky Hazy IPA. Soft. Juicy. Billowing. 

7 % ABV, Surly Brewing, Twin Cities, MN. 

I'm not crazy 'bout the hazy. This much is known. But, it was in the Surly variety pack I bought. Why did I buy it? I'm not sure. So, let's see what it's all about, anyway. 

To the eye: Hold on, folks. I don't know if you can tell from the pic, but there are way too many particulates floating around  in this glass. The beer is not old enough to look like this (canned 10/20/21). It's unpleasant. It's also hazy, orange, with a slim white head. 

(Eventually, they settle to the bottom. Did I err in the pouring? I'm awful at following the protocols of the hazies and such.) 

In the nose: Citric and soft, slightly sweet. Fairly loud aromatics. Pleasant. 

In the mouth: More soft and fuzzy, with bright and shiny happiness. Citrus and tropical notes play on the palate. Juicy mouthfeel. Medium bodied, easy drinking. Not the haziest of hazies. Once again, Surly shies away from such. It's okay, if you like that sort of thing. I continue to not. 

No comments: